Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas ... my training's underway :)

Just a quick note to say I ran today - after Christmas lunch, I might add!

It was only a 4.3k run, or just over 30 minutes ... and my ankle's a bit tender this evening - but I reckon I will be able to maintain the training schedule set out last week.

So underway I am :)


The run was around the Brisbane suburb of Westlake -- where my sister and her husband live, and where we had the holiday feast.

After eating and drinking too much, including some dessert that was evil incarnate, I took off for a gentle jog .. running at around 7-minutes/kilometre, or 11-minute miles ... which according to www.jeffgalloway.com means I'd run a half-marathon in about 2hr 50 mins. I could live with that.

It also means, if I stick with the Galloway training method, I should run for 2:30 then walk for 1 minute. I'm still not sure about that ... but will give it a try when I run again on Thursday.

No comments: