Saturday, December 22, 2007

That felt Guuuuud!

Yay.

I went for a run today - and it didn't hurt.

Well, it hurt - but only the good "you haven't run for weeks so your muscles have forgotten how" hurt ... not the bad "I am your Achilles tendon - and gonna make you pay for jarring me" type of hurt.

I had to go for some blood tests ... which required me to fast (no breakfast!) ... and to stop my tummy grumbling while I waited for the pathologist to open, I decided to run the 3km there instead.

And it was fun!

So, after having them take some blood samples, I ran back, too.

That wasn't quite as much fun .. partly because it was warming up by then, but partly because I was carrying, in one hand, my water bottle, and in the other an (empty) 5 litre plastic bottle, into which I have to pee for 24 hours.

Still it could be worse.

It could have been a full 5-litre plastic bottle.

Wouldn't want to confuse THAT with my drink bottle, I can tell ya! :)

Anyway, it felt good to be running again ... even if it was only 2 x 3km slow jogs.

Woot!

No comments: