Sunday, December 30, 2007

Yay! I ran 5K!

I did the regular run with the Brisbane Roadrunners today, and as always enjoyed myself.

It was my first 'formal' 5K run in about 6 weeks (since running in Cairns in November, in fact) ... so I wasn't unhappy with my slow time.

I rain 31:50 (odd) ... but was chatting pretty7 much the whole way with a firsdt-time runner.

"John" was doing his first 5k run ... he's a cyclist who wants to join his wife in a half-marathon later this year, so decided to join her at the BRRC runs ... and asked if he could use me to 'pace' himself.

I was glad to do so - it kept me honest, too ... and we talked about everything from medical research to house prices.

It was, as a\I say, a good run ... and I felt no ankle-pain.

It's tightening up a bit now, 4 hours later, but I'll do some more strtches soon, and go for a walk to walk that off.

No 'Galloway' run today - I'll try that on Tuesday .. today, just the joy of running. Loved it!

No comments: